The Falcons start their third and final week on Organized Team Activities today.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Tuesday:
1. Fashion show tonight. The Falcons and Atlanta United are teaming up to support the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta. This upscale fashion show gives these Atlanta athletes the chance to hit the runway and help benefit BBBS of Metro Atlanta at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Saks Fifth Avenue in Phipps Plaza.
Falcons who will participate include offensive guard Jamon Brown, cornerback Isaiah Oliver, linebacker Foye Oluokun, defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman, quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Adam Gettis, Freddie the Falcon and Falcons cheerleaders.
2. Roster move. The Falcons signed safety Jason Thompson to get back to the 90-man roster limit on Monday.
Safety Afolabi Laguda, who signed a two-year contract in April, was waived by the Falcons on Saturday.
Johnson, 6-feet-2 and 208 pounds, was undrafted after playing in college at Wyoming and Utah. He has spent time with the Patriots, Seahawks, Cowboys and Titans.
Laguda played at Colorado with Falcons cornerback Isaiah Oliver, who’s slated to take over at right cornerback for Robert Alford.
Laguda, who is 6-1 and 214 pounds, signed with the Rams as an undrafted free agent last season. He played at Brookwood High. He started his career at Butler (Kan.) Community College before playing at Colorado.
3. Mandatory Minicamp. The Falcons mandatory minicamp is set for June 11 through 13. The team is expecting all of the players sitting out the voluntary OTAs — wide receiver Julio Jones, defensive end Vic Beasley, defensive Grady Jarrett and linebacker Deion Jones — to attend.
Beasley told ESPN.com that he planned to attend.
Any NFL player under contract that skips all three days is subject to an $88,650 fine. There isn't a contractual obligation to perform services.
4. Jarrett fundraiser. Jarrett is hosting his second annual Golf Charity Event to raise funds Greg Street’s “We Need 2 Read” program and an Anti-Bullying initiative on Thursday, June 6 at Top Golf Atlanta.
He also has his football and cheerleading camp on Saturday in Rockdale High. Registration is required for the camp.
5. Final open OTA session. The final open OTA workout will be at noon Thursday and coach Dan Quinn and requested players will address the media afterward.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.