SEC Network, the new national sports network devoted to the Southeastern Conference and operated by ESPN, will surround more than 45 exclusive football games this fall with a line-up of in-depth studio programming and original content.
The network launches at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, with 14 days of marathon programming customized to each of the 14 SEC schools as a lead in to the first conference football game, Texas A&M at South Carolina, Thursday, Aug. 28. In addition to SEC team previews and an 8-10 hour block of marquee games for each school, the first two weeks on the network will include a Heisman special and four SEC All-Access specials.
Reoccurring weekday programming will include:
• "SEC Now" – news & information show featuring SEC Network hosts Peter Burns, Dari Nowkhah or Maria Taylor and network analysts, discussing all the SEC news of the day. The show airs at 7 p.m. ET on Monday and Tuesday and begins at 9 p.m. on Thursday and Friday
• "The Paul Finebaum Show" - Paul Finebaum brings his legendary radio show to TV, taking callers to talk all things SEC, weekdays 3-7 p.m.
• "SEC in 60" – re-live two games and the sights and sounds that surrounded them over the weekend in a compact one- hour format
• "Film Room" – every week sit down with a different head football coach in the SEC for an exclusive film session, breaking down the X’s and O’s of game footage
• "SEC Walkthrough" – get prepared for the weekend’s upcoming games with a look back at relevant matchups
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.