1. Georgia Tech’s game captains will be tight end Tyler Cooksey, offensive lineman Kenny Cooper, defensive tackle Brentavious Glanton and cornerback Tre Swilling.
Cooksey will also have the honor of wearing the No. 90 jersey in memory of the late Brandon Adams as different team members will wear the jersey every game this season. Defensive tackle Chris Martin wore it for the first game against Clemson.
2. Due to the heat conditions forecasted for Saturday, fans will be permitted to bring in one sealed, clear water bottle of up to 20 ounces. The WSB-TV forecast for Saturday in Atlanta is sunny with a high of 94 degrees and a 10 percent chance of rain.
Cooling fans and water-filling stations will be spread throughout the stadium.
The athletic department has implemented multiple technology initiatives for the game. One is a “virtual assistant,” which can answer questions about tickets, amenities, parking and more. It can be reached at ramblinwreck.com/techtalk.
3. The game is Tech’s annual white-out. The Jackets have won four of their last five white-out games. The team will participate with white helmets, white jerseys with navy numerals and white paints.
4. Tech will debut a DJ in the student section, whose job will be to “help energize the student body throughout the game,” according to an athletic department news release. It is part of an effort to get more students to games and providing fan support.
5. The game will be broadcast on the ACC Network by two men most familiar to Tech fans – play-by-play man Wes Durham (for 18 years the voice of the Jackets) and color analyst Roddy Jones (a former Tech captain) – along with sideline reporter Eric Wood.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.