For Georgia Tech’s home opener against South Florida on Saturday, the team is likely to received dozens of unofficial visits from prospects, including 11 high-school seniors who have committed to be a part of the 2020 signing class – quarterback Tucker Gleason, defensive end Wing Green, offensive lineman Trent Howard, cornerback Jalen Huff, defensive end Kyle Kennard, wide receiver Ryan King, linebacker Tyson Meiguez, defensive end Akelo Stone, safety Nicholas Turner, defensive end JaQuari Wiggle and offensive tackle Jordan Williams.
Other notable prospects expected to visit (star rankings from 247 Sports composite):
1. McEachern High junior linebacker Chief Borders, who is unrated but holds offers from Auburn, Arkansas and Colorado.
2. Denmark High senior running back Jordan Brunson, a three-star prospect who is committed to Virginia Tech.
3. Hapeville Charter junior linebacker Zavier Carter, a four-star prospect with offers from Alabama, Georgia and Michigan.
4. Stephenson High senior safety Javier Morton, a four-star prospect who recently decommitted from Alabama.
5. Hollywood, Fla., senior safety Jerrold Pough, a three-star prospect who is committed to Rutgers.
6. Wilcox County High senior linebacker Desmond Tisdol, a four-star prospect with offers from South Carolina, Auburn and Florida
7. Tampa, Fla., senior kicker/punter Steven Verdisco, who is rated a five-star prospect by Kohl’s Kicking (4 ½ stars for punting) and has been offered a preferred walk-on spot by Tech.
8. Seffner, Fla., senior running back Eric Wilson, a three-star prospect with offers from Missouri, Purdue and Utah.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.