The college football coaching carousel is well under way, with more than a dozen schools already listing vacancies in the 2018 season.
Georgia Tech is the latest school in search of a new head coach, following the retirement of Paul Johnson after 11 seasons on the Flats.
Here are the schools and the records of the coaches at the time departures were announced, along with any replacements named:
• Bowling Green: Mike Jinks (1-6)
• Central Michigan: John Bonamego (1-11)
• Charlotte: Brad Lambert (4-7)
• Colorado: Mike MacIntyre (5-6)
• Kansas: David Beaty (3-8). Kansas hired Les Miles to replace Beaty.
• Louisville: Bobby Petrino (2-8)
• Maryland: D.J. Durkin (0-0). Durkin, who was serving a season-long suspension following the death of a player in spring, was dismissed Oct. 1.
• Massachusetts: Mark Whipple (4-8)
• North Carolina: Larry Fedora (2-9). Mack Brown will return to coach the Tar Heels.
• Texas State: Everett Withers (3-8)
• Texas Tech: Kliff Kingsbury (5-7)
• Western Kentucky: Mike Sanford (3-9)
• Georgia Tech: Paul Johnson (7-5). Retired after 11 seasons.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.