Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 107-99 loss to the Hornets Saturday night:
* Marco Belinelli had 19 points for the Hornets on 8 of 11 shooting from the field and 3 of 4 shooting from 3-point range.
* Marvin Williams hurt his former team with 19 points, including two big baskets in the fourth quarter.
* Paul Millsap had a 20 points, 18 in the second half, with five rebounds and five assists for the Hawks.
The Hornets shot 58 percent from the field in the second quarter in outscoring the Hawks 31-20.
* Kent Bazemore had 17 points on 7 of 13 shooting from the field.
* Bazemore provided the highlight on the night for the Hawks when he chased down Cody Zeller for a block and then hit a 3-pointer trailing the play on the other end.
* Malcolm Delaney was questionable before the game with a right ankle injury. He played 13 minutes with four points and two assists. He said following the game that his ankle “will get there.”
* Tim Hardaway Jr. had a team-high 21 points and a plus-five rating.
* The Hornets had 12 3-pointers, the 10th straight opponent to have double-digit long distance makes against the Hawks.
“Defensively, you have to force them to miss shots. If they are making tough shots then we didn’t do our job good enough.” – Tim Hardaway Jr.
The Hawks next play at the Thunder on Monday, their third game in four days.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.