Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 108-90 loss to the Heat Friday night:
* Tyler Johnson scored a game-high 23 points, with three 3-pointers, to lead the Heat.
* Goran Dragic had 17 points, six rebounds, three assists and two blocks from his point guard position.
* Paul Millsap led the Hawks with 21 points, including nine from the free-throw line, in just three quarters.
The Heat were 17 of 37 and the Hawks were 6 of 20 from 3-point range.
* The Hawks had just 14 assists.
* The Hawks missed 12 free throws, converting 24 of 36 attempts.
* The Heat had 20 more shot attempts than the Hawks, 99-79.
* The Heat scored 38 second-quarter points.
* The Hawks wore their blue throwback uniforms, the second time this season they have worn the 70’s style.
* Dennis Schroder (suspension) and Ryan Kelly were the Hawks inactives.
“They just scored more points than us and we lost.” – Dwight Howard
The Hawks play the second of back-to-back games at the Magic on Saturday.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.