The Hawks starters were a combined 30 of 51 from the field with each shooting better than 50 percent. They outscored the Magic starters 78-50.
* Dwight Howard leads the NBA with 16 double-doubles in 30 minutes or less of playing time.
* The Hawks had 28 assists.
* The Hawks shot 52.6 percent from the field while the Magic shot just 34.6 percent.
* Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer reacted to the NBA’s $25,000 fine of Taurean Prince for the Flagrant Foul 2 against the Heat’s Hassan Whiteside Wednesday. The league issued the penalty Friday. “We are respectful of the league,” Budenholzer said. “It’s a tough job they have. They take the safety of our players, the spirit of the game, seriously. I’m just going to be respectful of their decision.”
* Thabo Sefolosha missed his fourth straight game with a left groin injury. Tim Hardaway Jr. started.
“Tim is playing out of his mind right now. He’s the catalyst.” – Kent Bazemore on Tim Hardaway Jr.
The Hawks play the second of a three-game homestand against the Jazz on Monday.