Here are five things to know about the Braves on Friday:
- Toussaint gets first start of season: Righthander Touki Toussaint will make his first start of the season as the Braves face the Indians in Cleveland.
- Looking to end drought in Cleveland: The Braves will look to win their first game in Cleveland since Hall of Famer John Smoltz led Atlanta to a 6-2 win in 2007.
- Looking to end current drought: After being swept at home by Arizona, Braves hit the road for six games in Ohio (three in Cleveland and three more in Cincinnati.)
- Freeman streaking: First baseman Freddie Freeman has reached base safely in all 18 games this season and leads the team with a .324 batting average.
- Weekend starters: Following Toussaint on the mound will be Julio Teheran on Saturday (4:10 p.m.) and Max Fried Sunday (7:05 p.m.)
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.