• Third baseman Rio Ruiz extended his hitting streak to seven games and raised his batting average to .355 by going 2-for-5 (both singles). He scored a run. He has four consecutive multi-hit games.
• Right-hander Tyrell Jenkins started for Triple-A Gwinnett and lasted six innings. He allowed no runs on five hits and struck out five. He walked one as the G-Braves defeated Norfolk 10-0.
• Outfielder Dustin Peterson, who was acquired in the trade that sent Justin Upton to San Diego in December 2014, was 3-for-4 for Double-A Mississippi. He had a solo home run, three RBIs and three runs scored in a 9-2 victory against Montgomery.
• One night after his six-game hit streak ended, shortstop Ozzie Albies was 1-for-4 with a walk and a run scored.
• Catching prospect Jonathan Morales was the DH on Friday for Single-A Rome, and he raised his batting average to .424 with a 3-for-6 night. HE has a double, an RBI and a run scored as the R-Braves defeated Asheville 4-3 in 12 innings.
• Rome outfielder Ronald Acuna was 2-for-4 with an RBI, a walk and a run scored. He raised his batting average to .324.
Braves farm report: April 14