When Meghan Markle walks down the aisle to marry England’s Prince Harry, it won’t be her first try at matrimony.
Markle was married once before. She and Trevor Engelson, a man she met when they both pursued careers in the entertainment industry, were married a few years ago, but the union did not last. The couple divorced after only two years of marriage.
Here are a few things you may not have known about Markle’s ex-husband.
- She and Engelson met in 2004.
- They married at the Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Sept. 10, 2011.
- According to Us Weekly, the wedding celebration lasted for four days and included 102 guests.
- Markle won a role on the TV series “Suits” just before her marriage. The show was shot in Toronto, Canada. Engleson stayed in Los Angeles working on his career.
- The couple’s marriage lasted just shy of two years. They divorced in August 2013, citing “irreconcilable differences.”
- The couple had no children together.
- Engelson is 41.
- He has produced several movies, including “All about Steve,” and “Remember Me,” and the upcoming “Snowfall.”
- He also has acted and is a talent agent.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.