Here's a roundup of news trending across the nation and world today.
What to know now:
1. No Pledge: Donald Trump said he will not honor a pledge he made last fall to support whomever the Republican nominee for president turns out to be. Speaking at a CNN-sponsored Town Hall meeting in Milwaukee, Trump said, he had “been treated very unfairly" by the Republican National Committee, the Republican Party establishment and others. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich both were vague when asked the same question, never saying outright they would not support Trump is he becomes the nominee.
2. Standing by his guy: Donald Trump is vowing to stand behind his campaign manager who was charged with battery stemming from an incident at a Florida campaign rally. Corey Lewandowski was charged with simple battery after he allegedly pull the arm of a reporter who was trying to ask Trump a question. Trump mocked the reporter Tuesday night, saying she grabbed his arm and it’s “never been the same.” When asked by CNN commentator Anderson Cooper if he plans to sue the reporter as he suggested in a tweet, Trump said, “maybe.”
3. Cosby’s cases: Attorneys for Bill Cosby will be asking a judge Wednesday to delay a sexual battery lawsuit against the comedian until a criminal sexual assault case against him is resolved. The civil case was filed by Judy Huth who claims that Cosby assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15 years old. Cosby is facing criminal charges in Pennsylvania involving an alleged sexual assault against a former Temple University employee. A judge on Tuesday denied a motion filed by Cosby's lawyers to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed by model Janice Dickinson. More than 50 women have come forward to say Cosby sexually assaulted or molested them.
4. Seeing reality clearly: Microsoft will begin shipping its HoloLens reality glasses on Wednesday. The glasses which project holographic images without blocking out the real world, will set you back $3,000.
5. Jenner in tourney: Caitlyn Jenner will be playing in a women’s golf tournament Wednesday. Jenner will take part in the ANA Inspiration Pro-AM after being barred from an all-men’s tournament earlier this month. Jenner is being paired with US women’s soccer legend, Abby Wambach.
And one more
Actress Patty Duke died Tuesday. Duke, who, at the time, was the youngest person to win an Oscar when she was given the honor for her performance in “The Miracle Worker,” was 69 when she passed away in Idaho. Duke became famous for her dual roles on television as Patty and Cathy Lane, “identical cousins,’ in the sitcom “The Patty Duke Show.”
In case you missed it
Two amateur astronomers captured something hitting Jupiter about two weeks ago – perhaps an asteroid.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.