A 15-year-old boy was bitten by a shark Thursday in Garden City, Capt. Jerry Howerton, with Murrells Inlet Garden City Fire Department, told ABC affiliate WPDE.
The teen was in about chest deep water around 12:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of Waccamaw Drive when the small shark bit him on the leg.
He has been taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- June 27: Man, 18, bitten in Outer Banks near Rodanthe, N.C.
- June 26: Man attacked at Hunting Island Beach, S.C.
- June 26: Man, 47, bitten on the back off Avon on Hatteras Island, N.C.
- June 23: 9-year-old boy nipped on St. Helena Island while standing in about 12 inches of water.
- June 24: Boy, 8, receives minor leg and foot injuries at Surf City, N.C.
- June 14: Two teens attacked within minutes of each other at Oak Island, N.C.
- June 11: Teen bitten at Ocean Isle, N.C.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.