Memphis police officers escort daughter of fallen officer to dance

ExploreMore popular and trending stories
In July of 2011, one of Memphis' Finest, Officer Tim Warren, was shot and killed in the line of duty while assisting with a domestic situation in the downtown area.
Officer Warren is survived by his wife and two children who will never be able to enjoy the everyday experiences with their father/husband due to this horrific incident. Warren's life was taken while he was attempting to keep our city and the citizens of Memphis safe. His family and fellow officers will never forget his ultimate sacrifice.
Warren's widow has continued to be a strong advocate and supporter of the Memphis Police Department; she is much appreciated. The love of her belated husband and the bond between fellow officers was definitely shown by several of Memphis' Finest. Warren was taken from us but he will never be forgotten.

Officer Warren's daughter received an invitation to attend a father-daughter dance at her school. Sadden by the letter, she was at a loss. Warren's widow reached out to Taylor Amen, a MPD Officer's wife, and Donna Kirk, a widow of a Memphis Firefighter and founder of Our Fallen Heroes Foundation and explained the circumstance.
Both ladies began making contact with key people who assisted with getting several officers to willingly donate their time and escort Warren's daughter to her father-daughter dance. Warren's daughter was treated to a trip to Sweet and Sassy, she received long stem roses from each officer, and was even able to catch a ride in a classic 1972 Cutlass Supreme.
"We know we cannot replace Tim, but we can be there for his family when we are needed. It was truly an honor," said Officer Amen.
Holliday Flowers and Lynn Doyle Flowers donated boutonnieres for the officers, a corsage and the long stem roses. A local photographer, Amanda Swain, also donated her time and talent with providing photos of this memorable event.
"It was an honor to be able to attend this event and to help keep Tim's memory alive," said Officer Pfeil.