Gwinnett County’s hottest jobs range from human resources and employment placement to fish wholesaling and meat markets, an Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis of U.S. Census data shows.
The Census Bureau released County Business Patterns data for 2016 last week. The AJC analyzed data of industries that had at least 15 reported workers in 2015.
In Gwinnett County, the fastest-growing job field from 2015 to 2016 was human resources consulting services, growing a whopping 255 percent year over year. The number of people in that industry in Gwinnett County grew from 222 to 788, the data shows.
“All other professional, scientific and technical services” was the second fastest growing field, with an increase of 168.2 percent. Meat markets followed in third with 141.6 percent.
Find the full top 15 fastest growing job categories below. Descriptions are provided by the North American Industry Classification system:
• Human Resources Consulting Services (255 percent increase from 2015 to 2016): Providing advice and assistance to businesses and other organizations in human resource and personnel policies, practices, and procedures; employee benefits planning, communication, and administration; compensation systems planning; and wage and salary administration.
• All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (168.2 percent): Miscellaneous services including non-real estate appraisal services, patent broker services, pipeline or power line inspection, consumer credit counseling and weather forecasting.
• Meat Markets (141.6 percent): Baked ham stores, meat markets, butcher shops, poultry dealers and frozen meat shops.
• Construction and Mining (Except Oil Well) Machinery and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers (138.9 percent): Wholesalers of scaffolding, mining cranes and machinery and equipment for excavating, road construction and maintenance and forestry.
• All Other Automotive Repair and Maintenance (134.2 percent): Automotive air conditioning shops, automotive tire repair shops (except retreading) and automotive rustproofing and undercoating shops
• Employment Placement Agencies (119.6 percent): Babysitting bureaus, employment registries, casting agencies, model registries and employment registries.
• Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing (116.3 percent): Manufacturing equipment including transmitting and receiving antennas, cable television equipment and cell phones.
• Services for the Elderly and People with Disabilities (105.9 percent): Nonresidential social assistance services for the elderly and people with disabilities.
• Communications Equipment Manufacturing (105.6 percent): Manufacturing telephone, data communications, radio and television broadcast communications equipment.
• Fish and Seafood Merchant Wholesalers (100 percent): Wholesale distribution of fish that is not canned or packaged frozen.
• Employment Placement Agencies and Executive Search Services (90.4 percent): Businesses listing job openings, placing applicants for employment or providing executive search, recruitment and placement services.
• Telemarketing Bureaus and Other Contact Centers (84.7 percent): Customer service and support centers and telemarketing centers.
• Telephone Call Centers (81.8 percent): Telemarketing and public opinion polling
• Performing Arts, Spectator Sports and Related Industries (80.9 percent): Entertainers, including actors, dancers, musicians and athletes; those who manage and represent entertainers; those who organize, manage and/or promote events; and those who provide artistic, creative and technical skills to the production of live events
• Ventilation, Heating, Air Conditioning and Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing (78.5 percent): Manufacturig products including gas fireplaces, refrigerated drinking fountains and space heaters.
Stay up to the minute with breaking news on Channel 2 Action News This Morning
In other news: