Subriccia Moss (left), Daquan Clarke, Ian Longshore
Photo: Gwinnett County Police Department
Photo: Gwinnett County Police Department

Woman charged in Atlanta nightclub shooting now accused of killing DeKalb business owner

A woman charged in connection with a shootout at an Atlanta nightclub last weekend is one of three suspects in the robbery and slaying of a DeKalb County business owner in his home less than 48 hours earlier, authorities said. 

Subriccia Moss, 33, of Lithonia, was arrested Oct. 9 on charges of felony murder and unlawful eavesdropping or surveillance, Gwinnett County police said.

She’s charged with the murder of Sukkee Hong, the 49-year-old owner of a DeKalb check cashing business who was found shot to death the evening of Oct. 4 in the garage of his home in unincorporated Buford, according to police.

RELATED: DeKalb business owner shot, killed in garage of his Gwinnett home

Police believe robbery was a motive for the fatal shooting, and that three suspects watched Hong before confronting him at his home and killing him, Gwinnett police spokeswoman Cpl. Michele Pihera said. 

Another suspect is in custody in connection with the shooting and a third remains at large,  police said.

The man in custody was identified Friday as 32-year-old Daquan Clarke. Police said Clarke is at Grady Memorial Hospital recovering from unrelated injuries and that he’ll be arrested after he is discharged.

A third suspect, 34-year-old Ian Longshore, is wanted. Warrants have been taken out charging both Clarke and Longshore with felony murder and armed robbery.

MORE: Woman arrested, man at large after triple shooting at SE Atlanta club

Moss was arrested Oct. 6 after allegedly exchanging gunfire with a man outside a southeast Atlanta nightclub, previously reported.

Police were called to The Chill Spot on Moreland Avenue about 4:30 a.m. after three people were injured in the shooting, authorities said. 

Moss allegedly opened fire first. 

“Preliminary investigations indicate the shooting occurred when a male and female got into a dispute at the location,” Atlanta police Investigator James White said in a statement. “The female then produced a handgun and began shooting at the male.”

Witnesses told police the man later came back with his own gun and returned fire, hitting three bystanders in the process. All three victims were taken to hospitals after officers arrived. They were reported to be stable, White said Monday morning.

The man suspected in the shooting has not been located, and his name was not released.

Atlanta police released a video of a person of interest in the case. The video, which is dated Oct. 6, shows a man with a hat, black shirt and pants, one blue and white shoe and one red sock enter the Emory Hillandale Hospital in DeKalb County, retrieve a wheelchair and leave. 

Moss was arrested on a charge of reckless conduct and released the same day on a $5,000 pretrial signature bond, court records show.

Two days later, she was charged with Hong’s murder.

Longshore’s whereabouts are still unknown so anyone who sees him is asked to contact Gwinnett police or call Crime Stoppers at 404-577-8477. 

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.