Edgars Spade
Photo: Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Photo: Fulton County Sheriff's Office

Cops: During road-rage incident, man pointed gun at driver on Ga. 400 in Alpharetta

Alpharetta authorities are reminding drivers to “keep your cool” after they arrested a 26-year-old man over the weekend because of a road-rage incident on Ga. 400.

Edgars Spade pointed a handgun at a passing vehicle Saturday evening, the Alpharetta Department of Public Safety said.

About 6 p.m., officers responded to Ga. 400 and Ga. 20 in Forsyth County, which is about five miles north of where the incident took place, according to an Alpharetta police incident report obtained by AJC.com.

Officers met with Spade, who was a passenger in his fiance’s 2007 Lexus IS, the report said. Spade told police that another vehicle was following behind them too closely and was getting aggressive, so he held his handgun up to the window to get the “vehicle to back off.”

Spade and his fiance said they did not feel in danger because of how close the vehicle was following, the report said. Officers noted that Spade was intoxicated.

The officers then drove to a gas station off Buford Road to meet with the victims, who called 911. The call was made just past the Fulton-Forsyth county line, so the call went through to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office.

The victims, who were in a 1998 Lexus GS300, told officers that the incident happened on Ga. 400 North near Haynes Bridge Road. The driver said he passed a vehicle that was driving slowly, which is when Spade pointed a handgun at them, the report said.

The passenger in that vehicle told officers she could “see inside the barrel of the gun,” which is why she called 911, the report said.

**Arrest: Gun Pulled in Road Rage Incident** Folks, please keep your cool when driving. This past Saturday evening, we...

Posted by Alpharetta Department of Public Safety on Monday, December 30, 2019

Spade was arrested on a count of pointing or aiming a gun or pistol at another and was booked into the Fulton County Jail the next day, jail records show.

He was released later Sunday on a $3,000 bond.

In other news:

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.