Two people are in intensive care with second- and third-degree burns after an explosion leveled a north Fulton County home Tuesday night.
The Roswell Fire Department responded to the explosion on Pine Grove Pointe Drive around 8:45 p.m., spokesman Pabel Troche told Channel 2 Action News.
According to Channel 2, the men moved into the home three days ago and the washing machine had a moldy odor. A candle was lit to freshen the air and the house blew up, the news station reported.
A neighbor told Channel 2 the explosion shook his home, prompting him and other neighbors to run outside to investigate. Jason Price said he thought a car had crashed into his house, but then he saw the damage to a house down the street.
All three of the home’s residents made it out, but two were badly burned, according to fire officials. Channel 2 reported they have burns on more than 60 percent of their bodies.
A GoFundMe page identified the victims as Win Reid, Brendan Morton and Pat Sammons.
Sammons and Morton are at Grady Memorial Hospital with critical burns “over half their bodies,” according to the page. Reid was on the opposite side of the house at the time of the explosion, suffered minimal injuries and did not require transport to a hospital.
Emma-Rae Pinson of Roswell started the GoFundMe page to help the men buy basic living supplies. A goal of $3,000 was set, and more than $21,000 had been raised as of Thursday morning.
“Everything all three boys owned is now lost or under significant rubble from the explosion,” Pinson wrote. “Any donation is helpful.”
A dog is missing from the home as well, according to Channel 2.
— Staff writer Mitchell Northam contributed to this article.