2nd suspect in custody following February shooting at Lenox

Credit: Channel 2 Action News

Credit: Channel 2 Action News

A second suspect has been charged following a February shooting outside Lenox Square, Atlanta police said Thursday.

The Georgia State Patrol arrested Tyreese Brown, 23, on Wednesday in Monroe County. He has been charged with aggravated assault, armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony in the Feb. 10 shooting, according to police.

It was the third in a string of four shootings since December outside the Buckhead mall.

Brown is the second suspect in the shooting, which investigators believe happened after a group met at the mall.

RELATED: Woman arrested, man sought in Lenox Square parking lot shooting

ALSO: 19-year-old charged with murder in shooting outside Lenox

The victim, who is in his late 40s, met the suspect “to conduct some type of transaction,” according to an Atlanta police incident report. When the victim and suspect went to the parking lot, they met with a friend of the victim’s near a vehicle.

The man, shot near his ribs, was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital. According to surveillance video obtained by police, the shooter grabbed a suitcase in the rear of the victims’ vehicle and took it to a getaway car.

Days after the shooting, the first suspect was arrested in Middle Georgia.

Shakeria King, 21, was arrested Feb. 20 in Dublin, according to police. King, of East Dublin, was also charged with aggravated assault, armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. King remained Thursday in the Fulton County jail, booking records show.

Brown was being held in the Laurens County jail, but is expected to be brought to the Fulton jail, police said.

Earlier this month, a Tennessee man was killed in a shooting outside of Lenox that investigators believe began as a dispute over a parking space.

Ricky James Lafargue, 19, is accused of shooting and killing Thuan Nguyen, 31, on March 8, according to police. Lafargue has been charged with murder, but was not in custody Thursday.