1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Best of the Southeast Travel Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the state of Georgia who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ("Sponsor"), o The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort ("Prize Provider"), Chattanooga CVB ("Prize Provider"), St. John's County, Florida ("Prize Provider"), Robert Trent Jones Golf Resort ("Prize Provider") and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:01 am EST and ends on Monday, Sept. 2, 2013 at 11:59pm EST ("Entry Period"). One entry per person, per day and per email address during the Entry Period. Enter by visiting the Best of the Southeast Travel Contest on the ajc.com website: http://bridgepages.cmgdigital.com/18000s/18660_ajc_travel/, and post your photos previously taken in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi or Louisiana to Instagram. You may enter only once per day; multiple daily entries and entries entered by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
As part of the registration process, you must upload your original photo to Instagram using the format(s) and sizes if noted on Instagram. Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules will be posted to the Website as they are received, reviewed, and verified by Sponsor.
Maximum one entry per person, per email address per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all Instagram entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Instagram account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an Instagram account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such Instagram account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Entry Restrictions. Your entry (1) cannot depict trademarked apparel; (2) must be suitable for a general audience; (3) cannot contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); (4) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Sponsor; (5) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsor to use in connection with this Contest (collectively, "Authorized Assets"). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
5. Winner Selection: At the end of the Contest Period, on or around September 6, 2013 four (4) photos will be selected as finalists by a committee of judges based on composition (30%) the distinctiveness of the moment (35%), and the lighting displayed in the photo (35%). The photos with the highest cumulative score will be designated as potential winners.
Sponsor will manage the judging committee which will be comprised of Sponsor's employees who are experienced in newspaper lifestyle reporting and photojournalism. The judging committee will be responsible for selecting the four (4) prize winners.
All winners are considered potential winners until all necessary documents and releases are signed. The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases and affidavits. If the potential winner does not respond to notification attempts to contact him/her within twenty-four hours after notification is sent, an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. Notification is deemed sent when an email is sent by Sponsor or a telephone message is left by Sponsor, whichever occurs first.
6. Prize Description: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, there will be four (4) prizes, which will be awarded at the end of the contest period on or around Friday, Sept. 6, 2013. One prize per person.
a) One (1) Winner will be selected to receive:
- A 4-night stay in an oceanfront room at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort at St. Simons Island, Georgia. ARV: $2,100
Also included are the following:
- Breakfast for 2 each morning - total of 3 mornings
- A round of golf for 2 (including cart) at the award-winning King and Prince Golf Course.
- One 60-minute Custom Cottage Massage in the Royal Treatment Cottage.
- A Chef's Dinner for 2 in the island's only oceanfront dining room at the resort.
- Two 3-day bicycle rentals to see the historical sites and natural beauty of the island.
- 2 beach chairs under a beach umbrella (offered seasonally)
b) One (1) Winner will be selected to receive:
- A 3-Night Stay for 2 at Residence Inn Downtown Chattanooga ARV: $2,000
- VIP Pass to more than 20 Chattanooga attractions for 2 adults and 2 children
c) One (1) Winner will be selected to receive:
- A 3-night stay in a king suite balcony room at Beacher's Lodge Oceanfront Suites in St. John's County, Florida ARV: $715
Attraction passes for 2 adults to the following:
- Trolley Tour pass for 3-days
- Old Jail Museum
- Oldest Store Museum
- St. Augustine History Museum
- Spanish Military Hospital Museum
- Scenic Cruise
d) One (1) Winner will be selected to receive:
- Robert Trent Jones (Alabama) - $1500
- Pool room view with one king or two queen beds at Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa.
- Brock's breakfast for two each morning
- One round of golf for two each day at RTJ Ross Bridge.
All travel expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in this prize package description above, including costs of meals, parking, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above, are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Accommodations are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes and those set forth by Prize Providers. Prize winner and guests are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance).
(Total ARV of all prizes: $4,815).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the entrant as a result of this Sweepstakes and any prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of the entrant. No substitution or transfer of prize(s) or cash redemptions permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like value in the event the described prizes or any portion thereof, are unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential daily winners will be notified on or about Friday, Sept. 6, 2013 at telephone number and/or email address provided on the potential winner's entry form.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor's notification within 24 (twenty-four) hours of notice or attempted notice.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within three (3) business days of notification. Persons traveling as a guest of the Grand Prize winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 223 Perimeter Center Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30346 within five (5) business days after confirmation as official winner and after all required forms have been received by sponsor (office visits must be between the hours of 7 a.m. (E.S.T.) and 6 p.m. (E.S.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Sponsor's inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the potential winner's disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to two (2) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winners may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The Best of the Southeast Travel Contest is sponsored by Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners available after Monday, Sept. 16, 2013 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Official Rules Page or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules", Best of the Southeast Travel Contest, 223 Perimeter Center Parkway - Marketing, Atlanta, GA 30346. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Sonia Edwards at 404-526-7249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.