Occupation: Staff nurse/relief charge, acute care unit, 7-South, WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center.
Signature style: “I like classic-meets-trendy. I like being fashionable on a budget — taking the pieces of clothing I own and making new outfits. I don’t like to repeat an outfit very often unless it is a showstopper.”
Best finds: “I found my leopard-print heels for $10 at Sears. I have worn them out. I really need a new pair. I love them! Such a statement piece. I also found my past Easter dress at Ross for $17 and it makes me feel like a Grecian princess. It is peacock blue, high-low hem and just perfect.”
Fashion weakness: “Scarves! I can’t get enough. Big-statement necklaces, red shoes, makeup.”
Favorite stores: “Ross, Oldnavy.com (plus size online only), Amazon.com, Lane Bryant and Avenue.com.”
Fashion inspiration: “I like to look at the fashions trending on Pinterest and try to adapt it to my plus-size body without looking like I tried too hard. As Tim Gunn would say from 'Project Runway,’ 'Editing is an important part of not looking like you tried too hard.’ I also look at what looks good on the skinny girls and find a similar plus-size adapted look for me.”
Pet peeves: “1. Dressing too young or too old for your age. Be classy.
2. For the plus-size women: wearing clothes too big. If you can’t lose it, decorate it. Don’t wait until you are 'perfect’ to enjoy your body.
3. On the same note, wearing clothes too tight… not good on any size.
4. Thinking you have to be rich to be fashionable. Not true.
5. Ill-fitting bras. A good-fitting bra can take 10 pounds off instantly.
6. Getting stuck in an era — 80s, 90s, with hair and clothing style, move forward.”
Best fashion compliment: “I have been asked to offer fashion and makeup classes to the youth at my church. I am constantly being told how put together I look. My husband telling me constantly how beautiful I am — no matter what.”