Thirty-five prominent African-American business and community leaders were inducted into the group 100 Black Men of Atlanta last week.
Former U.N. Ambassador Andrew Young performed the swearing in at the Commerce Club, with Atlanta City Councilman President Ceasar Mitchell and national president of the 100, Curley Dossman, participating.
Headquartered in Atlanta, 100 Black Men of America is a civic and service group aimed at mentoring and empowering African-Americans, and improving the quality of life for minorities. The organization has 116 chapters and more than 10,000 members.
The 35 new members in Atlanta:
1. Eric Barnum, Equity Partner, Schiff Hardin LLP
2. Paul Bryant, Founder, i3 Content Company
3. Pedro Cherry, Senior Vice President, Metro Atlanta Region, Georgia
4. Dexter Daniel, Partner/Financial Advisor, DXK Consulting Company
5. Duke Bradley, PhD, Executive Director, Wesley International Academy
6. Cassius Butts, Regional 1V Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
7. Roosevelt Council , Deputy General Manager/Chief Financial Officer, Hartsfield –Jackson International Airport
8. Armond Davis, Owner/CEO, Paragon Construction Group
9. Charles Fischer, Rector, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
10. Laurence Gray, President/Founder, Gray & Company
11. David Hefner, Chief of Staff/VP Strategic Planning, Morehouse School of Medicine
12. B. Mitchell King, Metro East Region Manager, Georgia Power Company
13. Kevin Gooch Esq. Partner, Alston & Byrd
14. Bennie Harris PhD, Senior VP, Morehouse School of Medicine
15. Douglas Hooker, Executive Director, Atlanta Regional Commission
16. John Lewis Jr., Chief Diversity Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
17. Amon Martin, Senior Development Director, Integral Development LLC
18. Darian Morgan, Radio Personality, V-103
19. Adiele Nwankwo, Senior VP, Parsons Brinckerhoff
20. William Packer, Founder, Will Packer Productions
21. Keith Millner, Managing Partner, Coaching Catalyst
22. Demarco Morgan, Anchor, Evening News, WXIA TV
23. Gregory OJo, MD, CEO/Administrator, REM-KIKS Group, LLC
24. Keith Parker, General Manager/CEO, MARTA
25. Brian Pauling, CEO, 100 Black Men of America
26. Kamau “Kofi” Smith, Executive Director, Atlanta Airline Terminal Corporation
27. William Taggart, Former CEO, Atlanta Life Financial Group
28. Brannigan Thompson, Senior VP, Voya Financial
29. Dave Sewell, Partner, Ernst & Young, LLP
30. Miguel Southwell, General Manager, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
31. Adalius Thomas, CEO, Restaurant Group and former Baltimore Ravens
32. Earl Thurmond, MD, Physician Director for Care Experience, Kaiser Permanente
33. Christopher Tomlinson, Executive Director, Georgia Regional Transportation Authority/State Road and Tollway Authority
34. John Wilson, PhD, President, Morehouse College
35. Donta Wilson, Group/State President, BB&T Bank
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.