Bon Jovi cancels summer tour due to coronavirus

Bon Jovi is the latest major act to nix an upcoming tour due to the coronavirus.

The band’s summer run was scheduled to launch June 10 in Washington state. While an Atlanta date wasn’t on the initial itinerary, industry sources said that the band had planned to add a show in the market.

Bon Jovi opted to cancel, rather than postpone, their tour so that ticketholders can receive a refund without waiting for rescheduled dates to be announced.

(Both Live Nation and AEG have announced plans to offer fans ticket refunds for shows impacted by COVID-19.)

“These are trying times. You’ve always been there for us and we’ll always be there for you. We look forward to seeing everyone again on tour when we can all safely be together,” the band said in a statement.

Jon Bon Jovi has been visible during self-quarantine, talking to Howard Stern last week about playing songs from his new album for Paul McCartney, surprising a kindergarten class in Florida via Zoom and preparing to participate in the April 22 "Jersey 4 Jersey" fundraiser. 

The band’s new album, “Bon Jovi 2020,” is due this year.

Follow the Atlanta Music Scene on Facebook and Twitter.