GHSF Daily's Projected Top Players By Position didn't cover tight ends because the position is not prominent in all offenses, and many of the best tight ends can make the lists at other positions. This is an especially good year for tight end prospects in Georgia. Eight of the top 60 tight-end prospects nationally are from Georgia, according to 247Sports Composite. And that doesn't include major Division I prospects such as J.D. Bertrand of Blessed Trinity and Nick Jackson of Lovett, who are being recruited at other positions. It also doesn't include Marietta tight end Arik Gilbert, a junior. Gilbert is the consensus No. 6 player at any position in the country for the class of 2020. Here are Georgia's senior tight ends with top-60 rankings at their position.
5. Ryland Goede (photo above), Kennesaw Mountain (Georgia)
13. Jackson Lowe, Cartersville (Tennessee)
15. Tyler Fromm, Warner Robins (Auburn)
16. Jaelyn Lay, Riverdale (Clemson)
22. Garmon Randolph, Jefferson (uncommitted)
31. Sean Brown, Coosa (Tennessee)
54. Jeffrey Blake, Greater Atlanta Christian (Vanderbilt)
55. Jeremiah Pruitte, Wheeler (uncommitted)
Produced by Georgia High School Football Daily, a free e-mail newsletter. To join the mailing list, click here.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.