“He’s meant a lot,” Pat Swilling Jr., Pat’s eldest son, said of Bruce. “He’s meant everything to our family.”
3. With recruiting for the 2017 class all but complete, Tech basketball coach Josh Pastner has his attention focused on the 2018 class and beyond. Pastner explained
how he hopes to bring together a class more efficiently than the 2017 class came together
“That’s a big class, an important class — I’ve been saying that for a long time,” Pastner told the AJC. “We’ve got to have two or three studs in that class. We’ve got to get a couple Josh Okogies in that class.”
4. Atlanta United will play its fifth home game Sunday at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Players have raved about the playing field,
which has been cared for by Georgia Tech head groundskeeper Chris May and his staff
The effort has required a bit more than a weekly mow and paint job. May, a 33-year-old Lassiter High grad, has been planning the logistics of Atlanta United’s temporary residence for about a year. The implementation has required the all-in support of May’s four-person staff (not counting the two caretakers of Tech’s golf practice facility).
It has needed the skill, detail and passion of someone who said he has been on campus every day since Jan. 22, usually working 14-hour days.
“Chris May works his rear end off,” Tech baseball coach Danny Hall said. “Just the challenge of our field, football, all the stuff going on in Bobby Dodd Stadium with Atlanta United. His plate has been more than full, but he’s just a tremendous grounds guy, no question.”
5. Five Tech players were named to the
Athon preseason All-ACC team
. Tech plays Tennessee in the season opener in less than 100 days.
6. Mark Bradley shared his perspective on
Pastner's failed attempt to land a blue-chipper in the 2017 signing class
. Mark also has a
rather hopeful prediction
for the Jackets' football prospects.
7. Tech coach Danny Hall's 24th season ended
with a thud at the ACC Tournament
8. Tech tennis player Christopher Eubanks will
play for a spot in the NCAA singles semifinals
at 1:30 p.m. in Athens. You can watch it streamed