John Bennett, of Gainesville, beat head coach Dan Quinn to the Falcons’ training facility Monday.
Bennett arrived at 4:45 a.m. Quinn drove up a few minutes later, rolled his window down and yelled to Bennett, “Rise up! Welcome to the Brotherhood.”
Here are five things to know about the Falcons as they open training camp today:
1. Practice: The Falcons will take the field at 9:35 a.m. All of the veterans reported Sunday, including All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones as expected.
2. Allen to take it slow: Free safety Ricardo Allen will likely be eased into practice. He was looking forward to getting his practice/rehab plan from the medical staff.
3. Battles to watch: The offensive line will get a lot of scrutiny, but there are other key position battles to watch.
4. Jarrett watch: Defensive tackle Grady Jarrett, who didn’t practice over the offseason, is expected to be on the field today. He’ll address the media after practice.
5. Deion Jones watch: Middle linebacker Deion Jones, who spent the offseason rehabbing his broken foot, will also address the media after practice.
Check back on AJC.Com for updates.
Position-by-position series: July 8: Special teams | July 9: Safeties | July 10: Cornerbacks | July 11: Linebackers | July 12: Defensive line | July 13: Quarterbacks |July 14: Offensive line | July 15: Wide receivers | July 16: Tight ends | July 17: Running backs
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.