This year’s Masters Tournament starts Monday, April 3, with the practice rounds at Augusta National Golf Club. The Tournament tees off Thursday morning.
While the lack of azaleas may have been the story leading into the tournament, all eyes turn to who will take the green jacket. There have been four first-time champions in the last five years (Bubba Watson repeated as champion in 2014).
A new security policy limits the number of gate entries per ticket/badge to just three per day.
Personal finance web site WalletHub has collected this list of Masters Fun Facts:
• About 250,000 people visit the Augusta area each year for the Masters.
• All electronics are prohibited on the course. Cameras are allowed only during the practice rounds.
• The Average resale price for a ticket to the final round of the 2017 Masters is $1,366.
• The price of a domestic beer at the Masters remains at $4. The price jumped by $1 in 2015.
• Cost of producing each green jacket is $250.
More highlights below:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.