As the Falcons inch closer to the start of the regular season, here are five things to know about the team on Monday:
1. Dress rehearsal: The Falcons (0-3) are set to play Washington (0-2) at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. This is the dress rehearsal game since the Falcons played in the Pro Football Hall of Fame game and the starters are expected to play into the third quarter. Click here for the game’s depth chart released by the team.
2. New quarterback: Quarterback Danny Etling, who was claimed off waivers on Wednesday, has two weeks to convince the Falcons he could be their developmental quarterback.
3. Harlow to center: Sean Harlow, who was a fourth-round pick in the 2017 draft, will get a look at backup center this week.
4. Penalty flags: The Falcons’ special teams units, under new coordinator Ben Kotwica, committed 7 of the 12 penalties in the 22-10 loss to the Jets last week. The Falcons have committed 12 penalties in each of their three exhibition season losses.
5. Ryan to speak: The Falcons practice today and quarterback Matt Ryan is set to speak to the media.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.