The new “Above the Line” depth chart that Georgia Tech released Thursday evening ahead of its home opener Saturday against South Florida has a few changes but is largely the same.
The chart is a list of players that coaches have determined can contribute on the field. It’s coach Geoff Collins’ version of a depth chart.
1. On the offensive line group, William Lay and Hamp Gibbs are on the list, while Charlie Clark and Chet Lagod are off the list.
2. Running back Christian Malloy is off the list.
3. On defense, Antwan Owens has moved from end, where he started last week, to tackle. Owens had played tackle previously before being moved in the preseason to end.
4. Myles Sims, whose appeal for an immediate-eligibility waiver was granted last Wednesday, has been added to the list at cornerback.
5. The groupings for defensive backs has changed, with no players added or subtracted. For Clemson, there were two groups of safety/nickel and cornerback/dime. For South Florida, it’s safety, cornerback and nickel/dime. The same 12 players on the chart for Clemson are on the new list, along with Sims.
6. Punter Cliff Gandis is not on the list.
7. Josh Blancato has been added to the list of returners, along with Juanyeh Thomas and Ahmarean Brown.
» RELATED: How to watch all 76 FBS games
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.