Logan Paul resurfaced online a few weeks after apologizing for sharing a video that included footage of what appeared to be a dead body.
On Wednesday, the YouTube star uploaded a clip about suicide prevention in hopes of making “a difference in the world.” In the seven-minute post, he spoke to suicide prevention experts, offering tips and steps to help people “further understand the complexity surrounding suicide.”
"It's time to learn from the past as I get better and grow as a human being. I'm here to have a hard conversation so that those who are suffering have easier ones," he said.
The 22-year-old, who has 16 million YouTube subscribers, was heavily scrutinized at the beginning of the year when he made a video titled “We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest.” It followed him and his friends as they visited sites in the Asian country, including Aokigahara or the Sea of Trees, which is known as one of the world’s most popular suicide sites.
After it hit the web, he received a ton of backlash, removed the upload the next day, after it had been viewed 6 million times, and issued an apology.
“I’m often reminded of how big of a reach I truly have and with great power comes great responsibility...I’m regretful to say I handles that power incorrectly,” he wrote on Twitter.
There were mixed views about Paul’s return to the internet this week as many took to social media to express their thoughts about his latest remarks. Several said he was sincere and that they were proud of his efforts.
Others were less forgiving. A few didn’t think his new video addressed the “real issue.”
And some were ready to move on from the controversy altogether.