The Jepson House in Savannah is getting a facelift.
The Georgia Historical Society, which bought the property in 2011, wants to transform the interior into office and meeting space. The acquisition and renovation project will cost $3.9 million.
The property, built in 1856, is named in honor of Savannah philanthropists Robert S. and Alice Jepson.
The Jepson House has a three-story, 7,000 square foot antebellum mansion and separate 1,250 square foot carriage house.
The project is scheduled for completion in mid-2014.