Even the best of cooks can end up missing an ingredient on Thanksgiving morning.
If you find yourself short on nutmeg or minus a few potatoes, there is a good chance a grocery store near you will be open on Thanksgiving for at least for part of the day.
Here is a list of Thanksgiving Day openings, closings and store hours for national grocery store chains. Reminder: Some stores do not follow national opening/closing hours. Some state laws prohibit stores being open on a holiday. Be sure to check with your local stores for times.
If you are simply abandoning the idea of that Martha Stewart Thanksgiving in favor of a good buffet down the street, here is a link to a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving.
- ALDI: All stores are closed on Thanksgiving.
- AJ's Fine Foods: Open 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Albertsons: Open from 6 a.m.-5 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Bashas': Open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: BJ’s is closed Thanksgiving.
- Costco: All stores will be closed on Thanksgiving.
- Food Lion: Most stores will be open until 3 p.m. (depending on the store).
- Fresh Market: Open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
Ingles: Open regular hours on Thanksgiving.
- Kroger: Stores are open regular hours on Thanksgiving.
- Publix: All stores and pharmacies will be closed on Thanksgiving; regular hours resume on Friday.
- Safeway: Most stores will be open from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Sam's Club: All stores are closed on Thanksgiving.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: Open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Target: Stores open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving and close at 1 a.m. Friday.
- Trader Joes: All stores closed on Thanksgiving.
- Walmart: Stores will be open on Thanksgiving.
- Wegmans: Most Wegmans locations will close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Whole Foods: Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.