Here's a roundup of news trending across the nation and world today.
What to know now:
1. Pakistani attack: A bomb exploded Sunday in a Pakistani park where Christian families were celebrating Easter, killing 70 people and wounded hundreds more. According to a government official, the Taliban has taken credit for the bomb that exploded in the Pakistani city of Lahore. The group said it deliberately targeted Christians.
2. Clinton emails: VICE News is reporting that the FBI submitted a classified declaration to a federal court judge on Friday detailing its "pending investigation" into the use of a private email server by Hillary Clinton. The declaration was filed to tell the judge why the FBI is unable to make public information about the probe in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed by VICE News.
3. Bouncy house tragedy: A 7-year-old girl died Sunday when the inflatable bouncy castle she was playing in was swept up into the air at an Easter Fair in England. The girl died when a gust of wind caught the playhouse lifting it up into the air then slamming it back to the ground. Two people connected with the company that supplied the bouncy house were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, according to police in Harlow, England.
4. It’s a boy: Ivanka Trump, daughter of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, gave birth to her third child Sunday, a boy. She announced the birth on Twitter saying, "Jared and I feel incredibly blessed to announce the arrival of Theodore James Kushner.” The baby was born at 5:43 p.m.
5. Food labels: The Food and Drug Administration has announced it will delay once more the requirement that businesses tell you the calorie counts in the foods they serve. A bill passed in 2010 required businesses that sell prepared food and have more than 20 locations to display the calorie count for every dish served. While some have complied – the original deadline was 2015 – many are lobbying to get the bill changed. Grocery stores have complained the most about the requirements.
And one more
North Carolina, Villanova, Oklahoma and Syracuse notched victories over the weekend to make it to the final four in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship. The four teams will play Saturday, and the winners will play for the championship Monday. On the Women’s side, Washington and Syracuse have secured their places in the Final Four while Connecticut and Texas and Baylor and Oregon State play Monday for the last two spots.
In case you missed it
How well do “life hacks” work? Here’s the verdict on 30 of them, according to “Mental Floss.”
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.