A 10-month-old Indiana baby was hospitalized after eating a marijuana-laced gummy bear.
Police were called to an Elkhart hospital Friday after medical staffers determined the baby had ingested THC, according to WNDU-TV.
Elkhart police are investigating how the child got a hold of the marijuana candy.
“There’s neglect there. That child was put in danger. Whether or not it turns out to be something that’s criminal is something that we’ll have to look into,” Elkhart police Sgt. Chris Snyder told WNDU.
While no arrests have been made in the case, Synder said charges are possible.
The Indiana Department of Child Services is also involved in the case,
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.