Major and five other puppies had been exposed to "something toxic" in their previous home before they were brought to the shelter earlier this year, the post said.
>> Read more trending news
"The puppies were surrendered to our care due to financial constraints, and working with a local veterinary emergency center, we were able to provide them with lifesaving medical care," the post said.
All six puppies are now in "loving homes," according to Patrick Carroll, the shelter's executive director.
Read more here or here.
>> See the Facebook post here