- Woman loses arms, legs after tick bite
- Caught on video: Man can be heard praying as he frees niece from wreckage
- Man looking for cellphone is struck, killed by roller coaster at Ohio theme park
- WATCH: Fierce eagle takes down drone in midair
- Georgia church allegedly bans 92-year-old woman for not tithing
An Alabama church reportedly has opened a gun range behind its sanctuary in an effort "to reach out in the name of Jesus Christ."
According to WIAT, Rocky Mount United Methodist Church in Jemison initially transformed an overgrown gully into a firing range as a way to teach firearm safety to the congregation.
"We had quite a number of church members – some elderly ladies, for example, and some not so elderly women – that had purchased guns, but didn't know how to use them," Pastor Phillip Guin told WIAT.
But in the past year, hunting and gun enthusiasts in the church formed the Rocky Mount Hunt and Gun Club. Church members hope the group will encourage more people to join the congregation.
"Who's to say that church can't happen right here?" Guin said of the gun range.
About the Author