Caption

Florida teen almost swallows metal shard inside hot dog

A teenager in Jacksonville said she was “terrified” when she bit down into a sharp piece of metal while eating a hot dog, WJXT reports. 

Allison Nasrallah said that she was snacking on Ball Park Brand hot dogs, made by Tyson Foods, when she almost swallowed the metal shard. Nasrallah informed her mother, who called the company immediately.

"The first thought was, 'What if I just swallowed that?'" Nasrallah said to WJXT. "That could have been so bad, especially since I was home alone."

When WJXT reached out to Tyson Foods, the company released a statement that said they are taking the matter “very seriously” and they have “been in contact with the consumer to find out more about the product.” 

Nasrallah’s mother said to WJXT that Tyson Foods asked her to send them the actual piece of metal and the rest of the hot dogs from the package. 

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Shoppers want change after 2 recent attacks at Camp Creek Marketplace 
  2. 2 Trump slams Comey, DOJ in wide-ranging 'Fox & Friends' interview
  3. 3 More than 50 shots fired near Cobb little league baseball game

More from AJC