- FBI, Homeland Security: July Fourth terror attacks possible
- Couple married almost 75 years dies within 24 hours of one another
- 3-year-old found dead in swing was there two days, died of dehydration and hypothermia
- She lost her memory in an accident, so he wants to say 'I do' again
- WATCH: Member of Queen's Guard points bayonet at taunting tourist
A bicyclist was sent to the hospital after his bike path was blocked by the body of a dead alligator.
Tim Nicholls of Pembroke Pines, Fla. was riding with a group of about 40 cyclists on State Road 84 when they came across the two foot baby alligator carcass, which was already hit by a car.
Unfortunately, the road bikers, who were moving at nearly 30 mph, were unable to avoid that body and several bicyclist slipped on the crushed remains.
>> Read more trending stories
Nicholls fell face-first onto the road and skidded along the pavement.
The man suffered multiple facial fractures, five broken ribs, a broken clavicle, and a collapsed lung and was taken to the intensive care unit at Broward Health Medical Center.
"Three car accidents and now an alligator," his wife Mary commented, "What are the chances?"
About the Author