There’s a chill in the air now that we’re inching toward winter, and some may be breaking out their space heaters to cut down on their power or gas bills.
But a fire department in Oregon has a scary warning for those who depend on supplemental heat: Stay safe and don’t use a power strip, KATU reported.
Firefighters at Umatilla County Fire District #1 posted a warning on their Facebook page showing what could happen if power strips are used with space heaters.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.