Deputies said Revell and the child were at her home Saturday night when she injected herself with heroin that was laced with fentanyl, a synthetic opioid, the Tampa Bay Times reported. Revell allegedly told deputies she had cleaned up the drugs and paraphernalia Saturday night but believed the girl ingested the leftover drugs, the newspaper reported.
When the girl was unresponsive at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Revell said she called 911. Paramedics used Narcan to counter the overdose, WFLA reported. The child was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive, according to WTVT.