An Indiana family is mourning the death of their young son, after the boy accidentally got his neck stuck in a car window.
Drew and Lisa Vanderkleed said their 2-and-a-half-year-old son, Logan, was sleeping in a car with the air conditioning running while his father cleaned out an adjacent car, WXIN reported. At some point, Logan rolled down the window and stuck his head out, then rolled the window back up. His neck became caught in the window. When he was found, Logan was not breathing and first responders said he did not have a pulse for a significant amount of time.
Logan was hospitalized for about a week before his death was announced by his family Thursday morning.
Logan's heart valves will be donated, WXIN reported.
The family is remembering their son on a Facebook page called Love for Logan.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.