FILE PHOTO: A Texas man said he lost nearly everything in a fire, but his Bible survived the blaze. welcomia/Shutterstock
Photo: welcomia/Shutterstock
Photo: welcomia/Shutterstock

Bible survives blaze that destroyed home

“He said that His word would not perish, and that Bible did not burn,” Charles House told KLTV.

House said he woke up Saturday morning to the smell of smoke and flames quickly spreading around his home, which was set up in a storage building that was converted into a home. 

He was living there, saving money for a larger home. 

>> Read more trending news 

The house was a total loss, but he did notice one thing as he rummaged through what was left, his Bible sat upon a charred side table, scorched but not destroyed, KLTV reported.

The cause of the house fire was “hazardous wiring” that caused the circuits to overload. The fire started inside the walls of the house and spread to the ceiling, KLTV reported.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X