A Michigan man died Saturday after falling into a tank of sulfuric acid in South Lyon, WDIV reported.
The man, whose name has not been released, was rushed to a hospital after a co-worker pulled him out of the tank, the television station reported.
Police said the temperature of the acid at the suburban Detroit business was at least 160 degrees, the Detroit Free Press reported.
According to MedLine Plus, sulfuric acid is a very strong chemical that is corrosive in nature, meaning it can cause severe burns and tissue damage when it comes into contact with a person’s skin.
It is not known how long the man was in the tank, the Free Press reported.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.