The University of Georgia in Athens was recently ranked among the top college locations in the country.
That’s according to Niche.com’s 2018 Best College Locations list — part of its larger Best Colleges rankings — for which analysts examined more than 30 million student reviews and survey responses, as well as U.S. Census data on key factors, such as access to bars and restaurants, cost of living, weather, crime and more.
The University of San Francisco earned top honors on the list, followed by DePaul University in Chicago.
UGA ranked No. 11 overall.
Reviewers described Athens as “the perfect college town” with comfortable, yet vibrant vibes.
“Enough age to give it character, but modern enough to be innovative and accessible,” one student wrote.
Athens has also been recognized as one of the South’s most underrated food cities, home to celebrity chef Hugh Acheson’s Five and Ten and The National and the beloved brunch spot, Mama’s Boy.
Last year, USA TODAY also called Athens the second-best college football town in America. The University of Wisconsin in Madison ranked first.
- University of San Francisco (San Francisco)
- DePaul University (Chicago)
- Saint Edward’s University (Austin, Texas)
- College of Charleston (Charleston, South Carolina)
- University of Texas - Austin (Austin, Texas)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg (St. Petersburg, Florida)
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- New York University (New York)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh)
- University of Georgia (Athens)
- Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, New Jersey)
- Roosevelt University (Chicago)
- Columbia College Chicago (Chicago)
- Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia)