Well ain't that something.
Ovation Cinema Grill 11, the fancy new dine-in movie theater going up along Scenic Highway near Lawrenceville, will officially open Dec. 8. But before that, the theater will host several "preview days" — ones that will offer tickets for just $3.
"Ovation Cinema Grill 11 is the perfect place for friends, family and neighbors to gather and enjoy the best in-theater experience possible," Carmike Cinemas' Rob Collins said in a news release. "As we prepare to open our doors to the Snellville and Lawrenceville region, we look forward to welcoming the community at the movies during our preview days."
Those preview days will run Dec. 2-6, officials said. The accompanying $3 tickets mark a steep discount, but also come with one catch: the movies offered will be what a spokeswoman called "recently released films."
Those are "movies that are no longer in theaters but are still fairly new releases," she said. A specific list of featured films was not available Tuesday.
Ovation Cinema Grill 11 is located at 1210 Scenic Highway, just a stone's throw from the popular Shoppes at Webb Gin retail center. Offerings include a full food menu and a cocktail lounge that will feature craft beers from local breweries like SweetWater, Red Brick, Eventide, Three Taverns, Creature Comforts and Terrapin.
The theater is just one of several projects under construction or recently opened in the area.
- A new Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q opened recently in the same shopping center as Ovation.
- Culver's — of "ButterBurger" and custard fame — is under construction just across the street at Scenic Highway and Scenic Pines Drive.
- A new Cook Out location, Gwinnett's first, recently opened at 2019 Scenic Highway, and a Taco Bell is under construction next door.
- Zaxby's and Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers both recently opened in the Park Place shopping center at Scenic Highway and Pharrs Road.
- A Cracker Barrel is under construction there, too.
The city of Snellville is also in the process of dreaming up a decidedly less suburban development -- a "city market" inspired by the success of intown Atlanta centers like Krog Street Market.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.