A man sustained second and third degree burns after trying to put out a fire in his kitchen Wednesday, according to WSB-TV.
The fire occurred at the Waterford Commons subdivision in south Fulton County.
According to WSB, firefighters responded to a call about a family trapped in a fire. The fire started when a man left french fries cooking on the stove, rescuers told the station. When he returned to the kitchen, it was engulfed in fire.
There were no other injuries. The kitchen and dining room were destroyed.
About the Author
Credit: Channel 2 Action News