Channel 2 meteorologist Karen Minton said Saturday brings a 30 percent chance of rain and then 60 percent on Sunday. But that number drops to 10 percent on Monday.
Photo: Branden Camp/Special to The AJC
Photo: Branden Camp/Special to The AJC

Hey, Cobb: Here’s how weather will affect your weekend

Cobb County residents should keep rain boots handy the next few days but shouldn’t expect a total washout.

There’s lots to do this weekend, from the Kennesaw outdoor movie series showing “Moana” to the knife show at Cobb Galleria with vendors and demonstrations. Find more here.

Channel 2 meteorologist Karen Minton said Saturday brings a 30 percent chance of rain and then 60 percent on Sunday. But that number drops to 10 percent on Monday.

She said the area could get a inch or two of rain over the weekend but that Monday through Wednesday would be a “dry spell.”


Get metro Atlanta weather here.

 

As for temperatures, those should drop down to the low 80s at the start of the week, she said.

Other than weather, be sure you know about road projects.

A lane of I-575 from north of the I-75 interchange to Bells Ferry Road will be closed intermittently over the weekend.

And Casteel Road, near Sewell Mill and Johnson Ferry roads, is closed so crews can replace the “substandard” bridge over Piney Grove Creek.

Also, if you can help it, please don’t do this.


Like Cobb County News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter


This is the five-day forecast as of about 1 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2018.
Photo: WSBTV.com

In other news...

Drivers In North Carolina Nervous After Razor Blade Found Taped To Gas Pump

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

Related Stories

X