Parents eager to sign their tykes up for kindergarten will have a head start next week when online registration begins for Gwinnett’s class of 2029.
Families of rising kindergartners (those that turn 5 by Sept. 1) can start the 2016-2017 kindergarten registration process beginning Monday by visiting Gwinnett County Public Schools’ website, searching for the “2016 Kindergarten Registration” section and clicking register for the respective schools, according to a GCPS news release.
To complete registration, parents must attend the registration activities at their child’s school on May 5 to submit birth records, required immunization forms and proof of residence information.
6 items to have ready for GCPS kindergarten registration:
• A Georgia certificate of immunization
• Evidence of vision, hearing, dental and nutrition screening obtained in the past year
• Photo ID
• Proof of custody/guardianship
• The child’s Social Security number
• A copy of the Pre-K progress report if the child has attended a state Pre-K program
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.