Abrams received 176,234 votes in Gwinnett, leading Kemp by 44,097. Kemp received 132,137 votes and Libertarian candidate Ted Metz received 3,795 votes, 1.22 percent of the total votes cast for governor.
Nearly 60 percent of Gwinnett County’s voters turned out during the early voting period and on Election Day, according to the early results. Of the 525,568 registered voters in the county, 313,049 cast a ballot.
Everton “EJ” Blair, Jr. (left), candidate for Gwinnett County Board of Education District 4, celebrates with his campaign manager, Chelsea Kearns, as they look at voting results in his favor from precincts in the Shiloh district, during an election night watch party at his home in Snellville on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018. (Casey Sykes for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
Democrats fared well in Gwinnett on Tuesday, with two Democratic commission candidates defeating Republican incumbents. It has been more than 30 years since a Democrat has served on the county's board of commissioners. Democrat Everton Blair was elected to the county board of education, defeating Republican candidate Chuck Studebaker.
Here are the five precincts where Abrams performed the best:
• Martins E (Peachtree Corners Christian Church, 6060 Spalding Dr., Norcross): 91.92 percent (Abrams 1,990, Kemp 167, Metz 8)
• Pinckneyville Q (Zoar United Methodist Church, 3895 Zoar Church Rd., Snellville): 87.21 percent (Abrams 723, Kemp 98, Metz 8)
• Pinckneyville J (Iglesia Metropolitana Seventh Day Adventist - Georgia, 5990 Oakbrook Parkway, Norcross): 86.22 percent (Abrams 857, Kemp 129, Metz 8)
• Pinckneyville N (Rhodes Jordan Community Center, 100 E. Crogan St., Lawrenceville): 84.87 percent (Abrams 1,419, Kemp 237, Metz 16)
• Martins D (Centerville Elementary School, 3115 Centerville Highway, Snellville): 84.1 percent (Abrams 767, Kemp 137, Metz 8)
Here are the precincts where Kemp performed the best:
• Duncans C (Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church, 1450 Pine Rd., Dacula): 70.24 percent (Kemp 1,317, Abrams 538, Metz 20)
• Duncans B (Riverside Elementary School, 5445 Settles Bridge Rd., Suwanee): 68.4 (Kemp 1,981, Abrams 876, Metz 39)
• Duncans A (12 Stone Church Hamilton Mill, 3858 Braselton Highway, Buford) 67.73 (Kemp 1,868, Abrams 856, Metz 34)
• Suwanee H (Sugar Hill Community Center, 1166 Church St., Sugar Hill) 67.71 (Kemp 1,495, Abrams 679, Metz 34)
• Duncans D (Pinckneyville Community Center, 4650 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross) 67.59 (Kemp 2,452, Abrams 1,128, Metz 48)
Find out how your neighborhood voted with the AJC's precinct-by-precinct vote map here.
Like Gwinnett County News on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Stay up to the minute with breaking news on Channel 2 Action News This Morning
The first black and Asian commissioners were elected in county history Tuesday night.