East Point man suffers smoke inhalation in house fire

An East Point man was being treated for smoke inhalation after a Wednesday morning fire at a home on Williams Avenue.

East Point fire spokeswoman Renita Shelton said the 6:51 a.m. blaze was believed to have started when a candle fell over.

The fire damaged about 10 to 20 percent of the single-story, wood frame house.

The name of the man transported so South Fulton Hospital for smoke inhalation was not immediately released.

Staff photographer John Spink contributed to this article.